Login

Welcome to Star Wars Locations, anonymous
Monday, May 22 2017 @ 02:18 PM PDT

Forum Index > Locations > Stories
 Villa Del Balbienello
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Anonymous () on Sunday, March 30 2008 @ 10:45 AM PDT (Read 5794 times)  
Anonymous: Anonymous

Wife and I were touring around Switzerland and northern Italy, I knew of this film location and it happen to be close to where we were staying for a few days - Bellagio, just a short ferry ride to Lenno and you were at Ballbienello's door step. It was a 5euro boat ride and we were motoring past the dock where Anakin and Padme were getting off their boat, that was just a side dock, the main dock is around the corner from there. I got off the boat and ran to the 'first kiss' location and the wedding location, got some exact frame shots, I had my iPod with me. My wife knew I was in full nerd mode and let me run wild with it. Unfortunately the 'early morning meditation' location was closed and under renovations, - I didn't mind so much because I picked up a huge piece of the terracotta roof shingle, I now own a piece of screen used star wars memorabilia. I asked the guide if he was working here during filming and he said (strong Italian accent) "unfortunately yes, they were here for 3 weeks and were a huge pain in the ass". Maybe next vacation I will ask my wife if she would like to see the beautiful dunes and sunsets of Tunisia.

By: Admin (offline) on Sunday, March 30 2008 @ 10:49 AM PDT  
Admin

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Do you have any pictures? If you create an account on the site here, you will be able to upload pics to your member album.

Thanks,
Bill

Forum Admin
Admin

Los Angeles, CA

Profile Email Website  

By: curiousgeorge (offline) on Wednesday, August 19 2009 @ 12:25 PM PDT  
curiousgeorge

yo - Bill -
No Mood isn't moi but I too visited the Lake Retreat - Have a story to tell and IMO some great pix. How to upload??

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: Admin (offline) on Wednesday, August 19 2009 @ 03:44 PM PDT  
Admin

Your member album is located here: mediagallery/album.php?aid=213

You basically just need to go to your album and there will be a pulldown menu at the top where you can select to "Create Album" or "Add Media".

There is also some documentation for the software this site runs on that talks all about the Media Gallery options.
Creating your first album and Uploading media

If you would like to post a story about your trip you can click the "Contribute" in the top left corner of the menu on this site. It's best to change the Post Mode to "Advanced Editor" to give you more choices on formatting your article and adding images, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help out in anyway. If you'd rather not post it yourself, feel free to send anything to me and I'll put it up for you. Just let me know and I'll send you my email address.

Thanks,
Bill

Forum Admin
Admin

Los Angeles, CA

Profile Email Website  

By: Mark Dermul (offline) on Tuesday, September 08 2009 @ 10:59 AM PDT  
Mark Dermul

Hello all!
I'm new to this website, although I can see that I'm not new to you guys/gals. Quite a bit of 'my' information can be found here. That's nice!
I recently visit Villa del Balbianello (not Balbienello) in Italy and the surrounding area. I have all the information online on my website www.markdermul.be/naboo for you to check out.

If it's ok, I'll be uploading some photos soon.

When I find the time, I will also contribute some more for the Trip to Tatooine and the Heading for Hoth information.

Thanks.

Mark.

Forum Newbie

Ghent, Belgium

Profile Email Website  

By: Admin (offline) on Monday, September 14 2009 @ 08:44 PM PDT  
Admin

Hi Mark,

Thanks for stopping by and posting the photos. I've been following your updates on Facebook and have really enjoyed hearing about the trip to Italy and the upcoming plans for Tunisia. I haven't ordered the book yet but plan on it sometime later when I have a little extra spending money.

Hopefully I'll be able to visit Lake Como myself in the future. I think I should be able to convince my wife as long as I focus on all of the romantic qualities of the area.

Bill

Forum Admin
Admin

Los Angeles, CA

Profile Email Website  

By: Greg (offline) on Sunday, November 22 2009 @ 06:37 AM PST  
Greg

Hi Bill,
I posted the original story here about the lake retreat, the best thing to concince your wife is to tell her that you will stay in Bellagio, just accross the lake, it is quite perfect and romantic. I will post some pics of Villa del Balbianello

Greg

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

All times are PDT. The time is now 02:18 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Random Image

pt3-daniels-tun