8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8966 times)  
Hi All,

Im going to do a reccy of this area this weekend when the trees won't be covered so much in leaves to
try to make it a bit easier before I go back in the spring.

Has anybody been there lately ? i've got book marked a website and I know ColinK has it in his
album as well. But my main concern is the best entrance to the park ?

Apparently one entrance is one side and the other the other side, one which is good and the locations
are not far away, the other entrance is miles from them, so I want to get to the good entrance to make
it easier.

Any help would be appreciated.

James.

Junior

Hi James,

I haven't been there lately but you can check the World Map page for exactly where the entrance to the park is, plus I attached a screenshot of it to this reply.

Colin's video should be helpful, plus check out Mike Rush's old site and the report from my 2001 visit for more info.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Bill

Admin

Appreciate that bill Smile

Do you know if that car park is the nearest car park to the locations ?

Im hoping going in winter when the trees are bare would be easier to locate the locations rather
than when covered in leaves(i'll go back in spring).

JJ

Junior

James,
The best entrance is starting at the car park on Grove Mill Lane, rather than starting at the Cassiobury Park side.
Then you don't have so far to walk.

Do you have the GPS locations (Bill, are they in the KML file?).

1. From the car park go back to the main road and turn right. After 20 metres you will see a gate/gap in the fence on the other side of the road on your left. Go through it and follow the path left for about 150m. You should be in a grup of trees by a golf course there the group stand around a speeder, Jar Jar is told he is a General and Ani runs across a field. It still looks remarkably the same though one or two trees have been felled (check the stumps!)

2. Back in the car park there are 3 tracks at the far right corner into the woods. Take the rightmost and after about 300m off to your left will be the place/clearing where the Stap droid attacks and the group first meet the Gungan King and army.

With the GPS the other two known locations are not far off.
If you click on my userid and send me an email I can mail you a dvd I made of the walk to the locations from the car park. No good for this weekend I'm afraid.

Chatty

Car Park 51.672385°N 0.439095°W
Locn1 51.671304°N 0.443212°W STAP Attack !
Locn2 51.671045°N 0.443603°W Obi Wan and Qui Gon walking
Locn3 51.668558°N 0.447167°W Obi Wan and Qui Gon by the waterside (cgi water!)
Locn4 51.671248°N 0.443235°W Boss Nass scene
Locn5 51.673345°N 0.440729°W Anakin running across the field, group stood around vehicle.

There is another scene where Qui Gon and Obi Wan are stood on the edge of a clearing talking, with the silver starship behind them. I've looked for it but never found it.

Chatty

Yes, the kml file used on the World Map page has all of the GPS coordinates that you sent me Colin. You can also download it from that page if you want to James.

Admin

Colin/Admin,

Thanks for the help ! ..... silly question, my g/f has got a sat nav (tom tom I think), is this where the
co-ords will come up ? or is there a option on the sat nav to get these co-ords ??

Going to be a nice day sunday, will up load pics / information next week.

Also Colin,

"There is another scene where Qui Gon and Obi Wan are stood on the edge of a clearing talking, with the silver starship behind them. I've looked for it but never found it"

Silver Starship ? or one of the landspeeder types ? do you know where abouts in the film that is ?
I think that's the location where the golf course now is ? ...

JJ

Junior

Hi James,
I think its Amidala's spaceship. The pointed all-silver one. They go to Tatooine in it then back to Naboo. As I remember it (I dont have access to the movie right now) there is a scene where you see them return to Naboo, you see the silver craft descend into the forest below. Shortly after the two jedi are seen talking in the trees and you can make out the ship through the trees behind them.

Can't help you with Tom Tom, all my stuff is Garmin, but above are the coordinates you need to aim for to the known locations. Not sure if you could load them into your unit somehow.

Chatty
8 posts :: Page 1 of 1