8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 8924 times)  
I've been emailing the admin of this site. But it's been a long time so I even forgot his name Frown

Anyway. I thought I'd start an open chat about the World Map section of the site. Should this be restriced to filming locations only. Currently there are a few selected places added that haven't any filming locations, and they are marked in a different color. Any ideas from the users on how to improve this.

I'll rent to original trilogy on DVD soon to get all the missing screenshots. I have the special edition on DVD but I want the original one.

Hi Eysteinn,

I like including the places where there wasn't any actual filming and your idea of marking them with a different color seems to work great. I do need to put some kind of chart under the map that tells more about what the different markers are for.

Thanks for all your work in improving the World Map. Did you really forget my name? Smile

Thanks,
Bill

Admin

Yebb, sorry about that. Not good with names, never have been.

Personally I feel we should consentrait on filming locations.

And I still feel we should double the size of the source images. This one http://www.starwarslocations.com/mediagallery/mediaobjects/tn/a/a_speeder.jpg is 200x90. I'd like it to be at least 400x180. Without having the source image a long time to load or pixelated.

Bill
When I look at the world map I just see a white area in the browser. I'm using IE7 and can browse the google maps site quite happily.
I've just installed FireFox and it works OK in that. Do you know if it should be working with IE7?

Thanks Eysteinn and Bill (and Google Maps Mr. Green ) - this looks great.

P.S. I think Leavesden Studio should be a red 'S'.

Chatty

Hi Colin,

Thanks for pointing out the problem with IE. I see the same problem in IE6 and 7. It must have started happening after I updated the site a month or 2 ago. I'm not sure exactly what is wrong. I tried creating a test page that loads the google map a little differently and it seems to work sometimes for me in IE but not all of the time. Very strange. I'll try to look into this more as I find time.

Bill

- update

Could you tell me how it looks to you in the test above and also these 2 other tests?
Map only page outside of the rest of the site.
Using an iFrame to display the map in the site.

Admin

Hi Bill,
All 3 links seem to work fine in IE7. But I've only tried them once. Not sure about repeated use.

Colin.

Chatty

Thanks, I switched it around so the main link now loads through the iframe test from before: World Map. This one seems to work the most consistently with IE6 for me. I also added a link to open a new window with the map only in case anyone still has issues seeing it within the site.

Admin

I tried the new link a few times in IE6 and it seems to be working normally Smile

Chatty
8 posts :: Page 1 of 1