19 posts :: Page 2 of 2
By: Likes:

Quote by: ColinK

Could that 'cave' scene be in any way related to something like this?

http://www.starwarslocations.com/mediagallery/media.php?f=0&sort=0&s=20061220014819428

That was my initial thought, but the "cave" in the image you show is much too small. In fact, it's even smaller today as that particular rock has either slid down a bit or the space under it has filled somewhat with rocks.

I looked for other "caves" but was unable to locate anything close to what is seen in the film. I suspect that shot was done in Tunisia.

"we're mild and green ... and squeaky clean."

Chatty

Woohoo! Back I go to Death Valley Feb. 18-21.

:D:D:D

Chatty

Good luck - I hope you find all those extra bits you're looking for!!

I'll be there in April :D It may well be my first and only time. I'm hoping to see just about everything there is in that area.
For the next three nights I'm staying in room 002 of the Finse1222 hotel !!

Chatty

Have fun in Finse, Colin.

I can't get away to join either of you in Death Valley, but if you're going through LA, feel free to stop by and say hi.

Admin

From panamintcity.com/wordpress/?p=258

"Here is another brand new scene that we found today that nobody has ever found before."

Not quite ;)

Chatty

EDIT couldn't get any help

Sorry Steve. I saw your post and meant to come back later when I had more time to see if there was anything I could find to match up with those locations, but I got busy with other things and totally forgot about it. Did you end up going out to Death Valley? Did you have any luck for any of the places you were looking for?

Admin

Yes, I did. Thanks for the post. I found the two areas I was looking for after maybe 3 hours of searching total.

That's great. I'm glad that you were able to find what you were looking for. It's a great time of year to be visiting Death Valley too, before it gets hot. If you ever want to share any photos you took or write an article about your trip, we'd love to see it :)

Admin
19 posts :: Page 2 of 2