2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 9860 times)  
I've recently read that quite a few of the spaceship interior scenes were shot at the San Francisco Armory (of Kink.com fame Smile).

Any idea just which scenes were shot there? I couldn't find anything about it in your database.
By: Likes:

I had never heard that before. As far as I know all of those scenes were filmed at Elstree Studios in the UK. I did find a few things on the internet mentioning the Drill Court in the San Francisco Armory but I wonder if those are just rumors and not really true. If anyone knows anything more about this I'd be interested in hearing it. Here is what I found in my search of the internet:

http://www.examiner.com/a-390557~Developer_wants_penthouses_atop_armory.html

In the past, the armory has been used for boxing matches, set construction for the San Francisco Opera and during the filming of the 1977 film Star Wars, most of the spaceship-centered scenes were shot in the drill court.

http://hss.sfgov.org/site/uploadedfiles/planning/projects_reports/Initial%20Study-published.pdf

City and County of San Francisco Planning Department Environmental Impact Report

The approximately 68,800-square-foot project site, located in the northern part of San Francisco’s Mission District neighborhood, is occupied by the State Armory and Arsenal building. Constructed in 1912-1914, the Armory was originally the headquarters for the California National Guard in San Francisco, until the facility was vacated by the National Guard in the early 1970s. The building has since seen limited use, including by the Police Department for after school activities and by the San Francisco Opera for set construction, as well as by George Lucas for the filming of some scenes from the movie Star Wars in 1976. A number of development proposals for the site have been proposed, including use as a film studio, conversion to office space, and reuse as a computer “server farm.” Proposed redevelopment of the building has proved controversial in recent years.

Admin
2 posts :: Page 1 of 1