8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 10565 times)  
In the beginning of May we made with a couple of friends a trip to Tunisia to see all the Star Wars movie locations in this country. We spent 8 days in Tunisia, traveling from the North to South and visiting Star Wars locations. After return to Poland we started writing down our memories from this trip and arranging some relation.

If you want to see photos from this trip then I invite you to visit our article about this here: http://www.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/tekst.php?nr=2682 (I know, it's written in polish but still you can watch the photos. If you want some translation, you can use google web translator link).

If you have any questions about this trip, I would be happy to answer them here.

Very nice! Those photos sure do bring back memories of my own trip. I really need to get back over there for a visit.

"we're mild and green ... and squeaky clean."

Chatty

excellent pics ! you managed everything, but what happened at the canyon ?

went to all these sites in 2009, amazing the changes to the lars homestead Frown can't wait for next year to get to
work on restoring it Smile

Thanks again for the memories !

James

Junior

Quote by: jamesFSO1

you managed everything, but what happened at the canyon ?

What do you mean by what happend? Places in canyon were really hard to find for us. Some of them were obvious, but most of them were very similar so deciding which one had been used in the movies was both a difficult and interesting task.

went to all these sites in 2009, amazing the changes to the lars homestead Frown can't wait for next year to get to
work on restoring it Smile

Good luck with restoring. I hope it can survive another couple of years with some help from fans Wink Lars homestead still looks quite good in comparison with Cantina or small set near Mos Espa. I'm afraid that Cantina will not survive another 5 years and small set is already almost totally destroyed by sand.

Saw your pics of the small set ... well what's left of it Frown I think it's safe to say that they will just clean up the debris and it
will be gone forever, doesn't look like anything now.

What side did you approach the canyon from ? just couldn't see any pics of the jawa rock, jawa / r2d2 hiding place and
the cliff overhang ? looks like you approach it from the other side ?

Awesome pics though ! Smile

Junior

I'm sorry Rusis but although you were in the correct car park (where they filmed the Sandcrawler), it looks like you went off into the wrong canyon.

At the car park it is possible to go into 2 canyons. Looks like you went into the one on the right.

Chatty

What side did you approach the canyon from ? just couldn't see any pics of the jawa rock, jawa / r2d2 hiding place and
the cliff overhang ? looks like you approach it from the other side ?

The entrance through which we came into the canyon was near the hmm... old mosque which can be seen on one of the photos. But when we came out from there we were wandering a couple of minutes more through other places.

Nevertheless, even if it was wrong canyon it is good reason to go back to Tunisia in the future and see all this places once again Wink But it has to wait, first on our calendar is Norway and Hoth locations.

Rusis -

What a beautiful site to document your trip. Very nice job! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

You can check out my report on my travel blog site - Set of Drifters, thought it must be said it is nowhere near as detailed as your report! (http://www.setofdrifters2.com/2.html)

Once again, bravo!

- Brady

Junior
8 posts :: Page 1 of 1