Subject: Whippendell Trip - January 17th 2010

Posted on: January 18 2010 @ 02:10 am
By: jamesFSO1

Content:

All,

Well I went to Wippendell Forest yesterday to do my 1st Reccy of the Star Wars locations. I had
most of the reference shots I needed (will do the rest later) and had some information from the people
on this board (thanks all).

The first one I got was the shot where the group are discussing the plans for the palace attack.
This was relatively easy to find as soon as you realise the tree that used to have another big
branch coming out of the side of it has been chopped off (shame really). But the shot matched
up quite well. I then got the other angle of the same trees for the boss nass / jar jar shot.

After that I went back to the forest (as these shots were over the road near the golf course).

Thankfully most of the shots I wanted are together, but that still doesn't mean they are easy
to find but once you find the very large dip some 200m into the forest then they start to line up.

I guess I was there for about just over 2hrs, there are still the CGI water shots that I will
get later on in the year and will do the whole thing again once the leaves start growing
back as they will look just like the real shots then.

Was great to tick off another Star Wars location and it was within the UK (makes a change).

Will load up images to Album once done.

James.

Replies:

Re: Whippendell Trip - January 17th 2010

Posted on: January 18 2010 @ 02:28 am
By: jamesFSO1

Content:

Images now posted in my Album - JamesFSO1

Thanks Smile

Star Wars Locations - Forum
https://www.starwarslocations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=190